Monday, September 15, 2008

Everybody Makes Mistakes

A rare event happened in our home this past weekend. Forgive me for dwelling on this, but like I said- this is a rare event. As we sat down to watch an episode of Heroes: season 2 as a family last night we discover that Mr. Practically Perfect in Every Way had made a mistake.

As you are all aware we like to watch alot of movies. Alot of movies. As we are searching through the movies on top of the dvr, Heroes disc one was no where to be found. We did however find the disc of Purple Violets which had been returned to Blockbuster a couple days ago via Matt.

As the kids and I begin to chuckle at this discovery, Matt decided to be-little himself saying how stupid he is, etc. Don't worry, I told the kids this is his defensive tactic so that we will feel bad for laughing at him. And that we should not feel bad for laughing because people should be able to laugh at themselves after making a silly mistake. Right?

Matt came around and joined in the laughter. And even gave me permission to blog about his "rare moment of stupidty." So this is for all those people out there who are ever frustrated or annoyed with Mr. Practically Perfect in Every Way. Now you have proof that even Matt makes silly mistakes, just not very often!

I wonder how we'll get our dvd back? It was in one of the mail sleeves that we can take to the store to trade in every once in a while and the store mails it back for us. I'm hoping they will mail it to us. I guess we'll see......

No comments: