Monday, September 1, 2008

Laid Back Labor Day

No big exciting Labor Day for us...we just chilled around the house. We did run a few errands. Jordan finally got the haircut that he desperately needed. Matt also got his haircut. I don't have any pictures of these two handsome dudes, but I'll get some later this week.

One of our errands was to my friend's house in Herriman. I actually liked this particular neighborhood. Matt has been trying to get me to consider moving there, but I still can't imagine living in Herriman. I just can't get past the name - Herriman. It just makes me think I'd be living in a town with a "hairy" "man"! And back in the day when Herriman was first sprouting up I had a friend (not the one we stopped by today) that lived there and everytime I visited her I had to drive past the landfill and it was not pleasant. So unless Matt finds the ULTIMATE house out there, Herriman will not be on my address label.

I also watched the dvd The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning while I did some ironing. Ariel is one of my favorite Disney character and it's not the red hair factor, I just think she's spunky and cool. Matt thinks she's "bratty."

The coolest part of my day has to be when the kids chowed down their burgers only for us to then tell them that they just ate turkey burgers. Earlier, Chloe and Jordan both made fun of my turkey burger package, little did they know we were planning on cooking them for all of us. They thought it was just for me, but now they know they like turkey burgers!

I wish we could have a three day weekend every week. Thankfully, we have one at the end of September! And that one won't be laid back - we are heading to St. George and Las Vegas for some playtime!! Can't wait!

No comments: