Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just One of Those Days

It was one of those days. The kind of day where the rain continually falls, making it the perfect background noise. We snuggled together as a family to tune into General Conference, in our matching shirts that Matt bought for us. Matt got us "give" said the Little Stream shirts. I don't think he intended them for General Conference but we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to wear our matching shirts as we lounged around together.
General Conference seemed to come at a perfect time for me (even though it comes at the same time each year.) I just feel like I've been in a bit of a funk lately, so it came at the perfect time to refill my empty "spiritual well". After conference it was time for our semi-annual traditional dinner at El Farrol's courtesy Matt's parents! Although the food was not up to it's usual standards, I am so happy that Chloe's game was cancelled so I could hang out with the family. And as always while the guys attended the Priesthood Session, the kids and I walked around The Quilted Bear. To top it all off the rain was still drizzling down as we came home. I hope it continues because I love to listen to the rain while I drift off to sleep. See what I mean by just one of those days. Rain, Family, Food, Spiritual Enlightenment. What more could you ask for in a great day??

No comments: