Sunday, October 19, 2008

Missing M@t - Day Four and Five

Finally, some me time! Taking a moment, now that the kids are in bed, to catch you up on my adventures from where I last left you. I believe the kids had gone to my mom's for a sleepover. Now that was bliss! Not the nighttime part, because honestly, the house was tooooo quiet and tooooo empty. It was so strange to be all alone, even my kitty was being standoffish (probably because of the scolding she received the night before) The blissful part for me was when I finally got to sleep (2:45am) I was able to sleep in until 10:45 am! Heaven!!! The kids came home about 12 PM. My mom visited for about an hour - shocking- she usually doesn't stay to visit! Then the kids and I started on our chores. Well, we actually made a list of the chores that needed to be done and then we each grabbed our books and proceeded to read. Did I mention we had company coming at 7 PM?! Thirty minutes into our reading the doorbell rings, and it's my good friend Robin. How embarrassing! I'm still in my pajamas! It's all good, because she is not "made up" for the day yet as well. We chatted about this and that, and then because my kids decided that was the time to be glued to each arm of the couch, Robin finally said "I need to talk to you in private." I promptly sent the kids away, and braced my self for news of more drama in the ward/neighborhood. But come to find out it was "Top Secret" information that she had gotten permission from the Stake President to share with me! You'll have to wait til my Day 5 part of this post to find out that "Top Secret" information. BTW - I was given permission to share the news with Matt so long as he kept it out of the blog and emails for a day!

Onto the rest of my Saturday, the kids and I finally got busy with the chore list and the house was sparkling when company arrived. Our company consisted of my cousin Tanya and her husband Kevin. I baby-sat Tanya when she was a kid (she is about 9 years younger), and she is one of the few baby-sitters we ever had for our kids. (Our kids were precious cargo, we didn't leave them with too many people - that, and the real reason is we were dirt poor!) Tanya is one of Chloe and Jordan's favorite people on the planet, so when she got married a year and half ago they have been feeling abandoned. The girl has her hands full between a job, full-time school, being married, soccer, and now a baby on the way! Needless to say the kids were over joyed when she called and wanted to get together!

Highlights from our night of fun started with us playing Jr. Catch Phrase. I had the word "funny" and so I said "daddy thinks he's very ____?" The kids start shouting out "manly, athletic, smart," and then they brought up "roses" (I can't put the whole quote because it is an inside family joke!) We were rolling on the floor and then when the laughs stopped Jordan says "I miss daddy, do you think he is missing us?" It was a sweet, sweet moment. From Jr. Catch Phrase we moved onto Whoonu?, where we learned that Kevin is not very manly and really enjoys bubble baths! The best game of the night was Conga. On one of the questions where the group had to guess what world record I wanted to set that started with the letter "B" - Chloe's guess was "Beaver Tamer?!!" The correct answer was "Books read." It was a fun, fun night with many laughs and many yummy snacks (Tanya brought brownies!) We all agreed we needed to do this again soon and definitely when Matt is in town!

I let the kids sleep in my room again (such a sucker) and I actually was out like a light until the alarm went off at 7 am. We made it to church a little earlier than usual because I had extra prep work to do for Primary. The kids were awesome helpers with the chair set-up (big thanks to Chloe!) Jordan as usual was drawn to the chalkboard (and of course he is wearing dark blue pants, so he had hand prints all over!) It's all good as we slide in to our bench just as the Bishop stands to start the meeting, it is crowded today so we are sharing with the Call Family.

Drum roll, please. (I don't know how to type the drum roll sound, just make it in your head.) We have a new Bishop! We have been waiting forever for this change! Mainly, because Bishop Stock has been in for a long, long time. We are so happy with the new Bishop, which happens to be Robin's husband. That was the news she came by to tell me. The only reason she was allowed to tell me is because I had to run Primary all by myself. We had already planned to do a run through of our Primary Program that is next week with Jr. and Sr. together (about 70 kids.) Jenny, our first counselor in the presidency couldn't be there for the first hour because her husband was put into the Bishopric as first counselor once again! Thankfully, I had our secretary who did most of the leg work. And the kids were incredibly reverent and wonderful. It was one of my best Sundays in Primary, which will make it that much harder when I am released in the next week or so (that was the other piece of news Robin shared yesterday.) Many tears will be shed when that day arrives! Our ward is in good hands with Bishop Riding! I am very happy!

After church we headed to my mom's for lunch/dinner. While driving the kids asked to call Matt (I think they're missing him.) They talked to him for the few minutes he had to spare (I guess he was out to dinner or something?) My mom made her famous pasta. It is the best pasta sauce if you like spicy and I absolutely love it. She sent me home with a bowl and a loaf of garlic bread. (Sans noodles is really the best way to eat it!) We played games. Jr. Catch Phrase again, and Apples to Apples (I hate this game, but I actually won this time!)

That is the extent of Day 4 & 5. Lots of fun was had! Surprises were revealed! And the family is still missing Matt!

1 comment:

Matt said...

you don't even comment that you emailed me when you could not sleep and I got right back to you to help you sleep!

Sounds like you guys are having plenty of fun while I am gone!

I miss you too.