Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not so light and fluffy

I had a different post in mind for today that was going to be all light and fluffy all about how I (heart) lunch dates! But as great as my lunch date was, my light and fluffy mood has gone out the window. It has been a a whirlwind of emotions for the past two months because of the circumstances surrounding friends of ours. Just when I think I might make it through a day without crying over this horrible, horrible situation- reality is once again made clear. This time the reality came in the form of my daughter as she found out the last piece of the puzzle that we had been withholding from our kids. The sadness in her eyes was overwhelming as we confirmed and explained everything that she saw tonight. It's so unfair that she has to know now.
And after the tears comes the anger because these two selfish people do not understand the far reaching, ripple effects of their actions has not only hurt their own precious families, but those of their close friends, and their close friend's children who looked up to these once righteous people.
After the anger comes the love, because where there is love, there is still hope as we pray everyday that somehow our two friends will find a way to fix this mess.

No comments: