Thursday, October 16, 2008

Missing M@t - Day Two

It was another full day here, me doing the single parent gig. The kids are loving their days off from school. Chloe's friend finally went home about one o'clock this afternoon after sleeping over. Jordan pulled a double dose of scout activities for the day. The first scout event I had to take him stomping, screaming, and crying. He did not want to go!! It was with the 11-year old scouts and it is a requirement in order for him to earn his arrow of light. Thankfully, Jordan came home with a smile and a "thanks for making me go, mom." That was a relief! I asked what turned his frown upside down - and he went into a stream of sentences about how cool our State Capitol Building is! He asked if I have ever been there and I proudly told him , "yes, we have actually been there as a whole family for an Eagle Court of Honor many years ago (I think you were three and Chloe was four years old) and before that I attended two high school dances there with your father." That made him even more excited because Jordan said the tour guide actually talked about high schools having dances there. This prompted Jordan to ask to see the pictures from the dance, but sadly the box is too buried in our clutter/laundry room downstairs (a project for Matt when he gets back). The other reasons for Jordan's smile was the scout troop stopped at Leatherby's on the way home. Lucky!
Chloe had a baby-sitting gig that lasted two minutes this evening. I dropped her off at her "job-site", then I dropped Jordan off at his second scout activity and when I pulled into the drive-way there she was. Apparently, the couple's friends had mixed up the dates on the calendar so they post-phoned it to next week. Chloe also had dance this evening so it all worked out for the best.

I do have to say, I am loving this gorgeous weather. I was in a panic last Saturday worrying what the weather was going to be like while Matt was gone, after all it was snowing a few days ago and now were back to this lovely crisp, autumn weather!

The kids are now snuggly in my bed watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (is that the title? I don't want to get up and check.) That was the extent of our exciting day! Did I mention my favorite part? I got to sleep in until 9 am! Unfortunately, I won't be able to tomorrow because we are baby-sitting some neighbor kids early in the morning. Maybe Saturday can be another sleep in day. I can only hope!

We survived day two without Matt! We all miss him, even the kitty! I find myself playing the time game throughout the day. It goes something like this -it is 10 PM here which means it is 6 am in Prague, I wonder what Matt is doing right now? It is probably time for him to get up, if he's not already, because the man is a bit of a workaholic ;-0

1 comment:

Matt said...

sounds like a good day. did jordan finish his scrapbook at Christine's?