Friday, October 17, 2008

Missing M@t-Day Three

Another glorious non-school day at the Roblyer household. Surprisingly, we all slept in until 8:15 am. It could have had something to do with the restless night because of the house containing three "scaredy cats!" One literal, two figurative! It was my fault for listening to Matt that Indiana Jones was a fine movie for the kids. Apparently, Indiana Jones mixed with aliens was a little too much for Chloe and Jordan to handle. I had Chloe turning all the lights on after the movie, because we had it "movie theater-style" and it took some rationalization to convince her that it was all silly and though she knows it was a movie and not real - it freaked her out! Jordan just moaned and whined in his sleep the whole night through and refused to sleep in his own room. Then the literal "scaredy cat" Princess Fuzzyboots woke me up three time meowing in my ear, running up and down my bed. I thought this meant "get me a drink," but instead she led me around the house like I was following Lassie, saying "show me what's up, girl?" (I'm sure this is an actual quote from a Lassie show?!?) I checked the house out each time and found nothing wrong. I don't know what the kitten's deal was? Maybe she was looking for Matt? Maybe she didn't like the kids being in my room? Who knows? I don't speak cat, all I know is that I was annoyed all night long!

We baby-sat some neighbor kids for two hours that were in our carpool until about a week ago. I was afraid they had pulled out of the carpool after some cross words from me to the oldest boy. But thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case. I thought it was funny when this boy asked me to pull out my Nintendo DS and battle him in Zelda Battle. Sadly, I only won once and it wasn't a battle I won, it was exactly one turn. But I think I got my cool status back from him, so that's good!

Chloe and Jordan both had piano lessons this afternoon. We thought Chloe had violin, but the teacher had forgotten to call and cancel. We are giving her a pass on that because she has a lot of drama in her life right now.

Chloe went to sleep over at my mom's house. Jordan originally didn't want to, but of course 45 minutes after my mom had picked up Chloe, he changed his mind and I drove him over to my mom's house. (I hear a tiara and roses comes with the Greatest Mom title, that's the only reason I drove him over!)I asked Jordan many times, and for whatever reason he didn't want to sleep over and then for whatever reason he changed his mind. Kids!

Now it's just me and scaredy cat! I think we are going to put in a movie and maybe even go to bed early! Still missing Matt and can't wait to see more photos from his adventure! (I do have to put in a plug about how great he has been at calling and emailing - gotta love that Blackberry!)

1 comment:

Matt said...

Sorry you couldn't sleep tonight. Miss you too.