Monday, October 13, 2008

Oprah and Joe Biden read MY blog!!!

You may have seen my post from a couple days ago all about politics in school. Well, it seems my readership has expanded all the way to Oprah & Joe Biden. They were even kind enough to leave a comment. I love comments! This is what Oprah and Joe Biden had to say:

Oprah said...
My only question... What would Oprah do?
October 11, 2008 7:20 PM


A voice of reason: Joe Biden said...
I wonder if the teacher was saying something against McCain or Palin, how would you react? Would you still be upset?
October 11, 2008 7:24 PM

In response to you Oprah, my idol, I think you would be proud of me standing up for equality. Insuring that all sides of an issue are discussed in front of young impressionable audience.

As for you Senator Joe Biden, I can assure you that if someone had mistakenly claimed that McCain wanted to end the war in Iraq or raise taxes on oil companies, which are the most profitable companies in the world, I would let the teacher know that he is wrong!!

On a serious note, I do think that both sides of the issue should be discussed when politics are in school and the teacher should always ensure that the information being handed out on such matters is correct. The one thing I have changed my mind on from my previous post is that I think it is important for the teacher to have an opinion and even share it with the class, as long as it is done responsibly with all the facts straight.

Now, I can only hope that Sarah Palin joins my readership, after all I am a soccer/hockey mom (wink, wink)!

No comments: