Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Missing M@T

I dropped my sweetie off at the airport about twelve hours ago and I already miss him! I wasn't able to give him a proper kiss goodbye because I woke up with a sore throat and didn't want to send him to a foreign land with sick germs - he has enough to deal with!
I already like this year of Catalyst the best. I'm thinking it is the fact that we have cell phones now. Last year, I think I waited three days after dropping him off at the airport before I got a phone call and even then I think I only got an email and then two days after that I got a crappy Skype phone call. That is a hard adjustment when you go to talking to someone many times a day, to suddenly nothing for a few days. There was also the worry factor- him in another country and being safe.
This time around, I've already received two phone calls - one when he landed in Atlanta, Georgia and one right before he boarded for Prague. Of course now, I have to wait til he lands in Prague which will be tomorrow.
Our first day without Matt was uneventful. The kids both had friends over after school. I was hoping to go to bed early and get the kids to bed early, but Chloe decided to have a sleepover. Jordan had to end his play date around eight because he has a Scout activity tomorrow. I also started to watch the debate only to be interrupted by a friend's need for a listening ear. And I couldn't reach the remote to push the record button. So I missed a lot of it. The parts I saw I really enjoyed and I liked this format much better than the previous Presidential Match-up.
Now I think it is time to hit the sack. I've got a back up plan in case I have trouble sleeping. I'm going to leave my laptop on and set it on Matt's side, then I will turn the TV on to a sports channel with the volume really low. It will be just like he's here! The only thing missing will be the clickety-clack on the keyboard and the constant Blackberry "buzzing", but at least the glow of the room will be the same!

1 comment:

Matt said...

I miss you too! You should add that I called you already today too! I was going to call earlier, but this 8 hour time difference messes with your mind.